The Inn at Great Neck is hosting its First Annual Long Island/New York City Valentine’s Day Poetry Contest during the month of January 2014. Submissions may be sent to email@example.com, with the subject line stating “Valentine’s Day Poem” no later than January 31, 2014.
The following rules apply:
1) Poems must be about the love of couples.
2) They may not exceed 250 words. Poems may only contain words (no pictures or works of art).
3) They must not contain vulgar or sexually explicit language.
4) They must be original written works.
5) It may be written by an individual or a couple.
6) Writer(s) must provide first and last name(s) with full contact information to the Inn at Great Neck.
7) Writer(s) must be from Long Island or New York City.
8) Writer(s) must be 21 years of age or older.
9) The managers of the Inn at Great Neck will pick the top three winners in order (1st, 2nd and 3rd). The winners will be picked based upon the quality of the writing and the topic, which is about the love of couples.
10) The winners will have their poems posted on the Inn at Great Neck’s website/blog throughout the month of February 2014.
11) Only the first name(s) and last initial(s) will be posted on the Inn’s website.
12) Prizes will consist of 2014 Valentine’s Day Specials and Packages (no cash value/non-transferable).
13) All results and prizes will be considered final.
14) Prizes being offered include the following hotel packages:
- 1st: Endless Love Plus Package
- 2nd: Endless Love Package
- 3rd: Wine and Dine Plus Package
15) Winners may choose a package that falls below the package they have won or pay the difference in order to upgrade their package.
16) Writer(s) guarantee that all of the poems/poetry submitted are original works and are not providing the Inn with any works that may be viewed or considered plagiarism. Writer(s) take full responsibility for the poems/poetry they supply.